[ale] 2.2.1 and modules

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Feb 11 11:44:34 EST 1999

Nick Lucent wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Wandered Inn wrote:
>
> kmod is pretty much a drop in replacement for kerneld, but as far as the
> parallel port, now you have to append the address of it in lilo.conf
>
> append="parport=0x370, 7" or whatever address your parallel port is on
> Nick

I've got the printer modules working fine, thanks to Chris, but I've got
a number of other modules that won't load.  I'm using the video4linux
stuff, but when I try and start the xwindow for the camera, the modules
don't get loaded.  I tried adding the proper options for them to the
/etc/conf.modules file, but they still don't get loaded automagically.
I can insmod them and it works fine.  I know kmod must be working,
because my printer modules get loaded.  I can't find any docs that
specifically define what's supposed to go in the conf.modules file.
Chris gave me some info on the printer that got it working, but he used
an alias and I can't figure why that was necessary.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????