[ale] copying a mac cd under linux

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Feb 10 18:00:30 EST 1999

amy at succotash.ns.gatech.edu enscribed thusly:
> A co-worker of mine said he was unable to copy a Mac cd with his
> NT cd burning software.

> Does anyone know if this would be possible at all under linux?
> Just wondering. It would be great to win another point for linux.

	You can copy it as a CD image.  You can't do a logical copy say
to a RockRidge formated CD.  You literally copy from the raw device to
a huge image file and then use cdrecord to write it back up.  I think
XCD-Roast should handle it just fine.

	You can even do that with Sun partitioned CD's which have Sun/Solaris
file systems and partition tables on them.

> (I'm not familiar with cd-burning in any scenario or what
> package(s) are used to do it with, etc)

> -Amy

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/