[ale] 2.2.1 kernel and parport/lp

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Feb 10 13:40:55 EST 1999

I've upgraded to the 2.2.1 kernel.  I once tried using the parport
module a while back with no success and the same is true here.  I've
insmod the parport.o parport_pc.o and lp.o as per
/usr/src/linux/Documention/parport.txt. I configured this particular
printer via printtool before, so tried again.  I can get it to print a
test page by writing directly to the port (/dev/lp0), but have no
success printing otherwise.  lpq reports (waiting for lp to become ready
(offline ?).  I'd really like to get this thing working so as to make
access to my zipdrive a bit easier.  Anyone resolved a similar problem,
or have any insights??

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????