[ale] tcpdump info

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Feb 8 20:41:46 EST 1999

I connect to a company network via Linux, have been for a few years now.
Just recently, I've had problems getting to a site that's on the company
network, that I've been able to access in the past.  I'm looking for
some help with tcpdump.  The page begins to load, but then I get the old
'stalled' message.  I can access the site fine via NT, using the same
dial up info (phone#, dns, proxies).  I won't get any help from the
corporate guys as they'll blame Linux.

Anyone have any ideas why this might have started happening?  I can
access every other site I've always attempted, it's just this one.  I
used tcpdump to dump the packet output, but it's pretty cryptic.  Any
suggestions?  I don't want to return to NT..

I know there were some network problems recently, but they must be
cleared up by now, since I can reach the site from NT.  I'm having the
same problem from both my personal machine and my work laptop.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????