[ale] dialup and sendmail

Joe Bayes jbayes at occs.cs.oberlin.edu
Fri Feb 5 20:12:23 EST 1999

Joe Bayes typeth:

>Let me make sure I've got this straight...

Well, I've got it working now, but I still don't understand what I was
doing wrong, or what I did to fix it. I rebooted to a new kernel, then
discovered that I could send mail by telnetting to *my* machine's smtp
port (that didn't work before). I doubt the new kernel fixed anything,
but maybe the reboot did.

I still can't send mail normally using vm, but I think if I RTFS I'll
get it to work.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

--joe