[ale] Word Perfect

Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at punch.tc.net> Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at punch.tc.net>
Mon Feb 1 13:15:06 EST 1999

> took it home and stuck it in my floppy drive and tried to open
> it with WP fo linux.  The file didn't show up anywhere.
Do you mean that you can't find the file? If so, excuse me to ask the
obvious:  You did mount your floppy disk, right?

your/command/Prompt$ mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

You need kernel support for vfat if you use this.
or mount /mnt/floppy if you have proper entry in /etc/fstab

Good luck.

p.s. I can open up word97 file without problme. I guess you should get a
better chance with WP's own stuff:-)

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu