[ale] [ale-admin] Linux Cable Modem Help

smn smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Fri Dec 31 23:37:57 EST 1999

Masood Ahmed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to connect my Linux server to Media One's cable modem service in the Midtown area near Ga Tech for several weeks now and cannot get the DHCP stuff working.
> I am using Redhat 6.1 on a IBM PC Server 704.  The network card has Tier 1 support.
>
> Does anyone at ALE have this sort of connection to Media One's cable modem service setup?
>
> Please help,
>
> Masood
>
> LYCOShop is now open. On your mark, get set, SHOP!!!
> http://shop.lycos.com/

I've got no problem whatsoever (after a few beeers at Y2K).  What are
your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, /etc/sysconfig/network,
/etc/resolv.conf??  What is /var/log/messages when you try to make a
connection?  I use a stock RedHat 6.1 install and have had no problems.
Are you using the right NIC driver?  What kind of NIC?

- Scott
--
Never do windows again with
         __