[ale] Monitor Switch

Keith Hopkins keithh at psn.net
Wed Dec 29 22:53:44 EST 1999

  I've got to second the electronic switches.  I went through 4-5 mechs and
constantly had video problems at high res (over 800x600).  I now own two
electronic Linksys console switches and one (broken) older Belkin switch.  I've
just been too lazy to get the Belkin fixed (I think I hooked the wrong transformer
to it after I moved).  The Linksys ran (or did 8 months ago) about $50 cheaper
than the Belkin.  Linksys runs up to 8 ports, Belkin up to 16.

  Yes, mechs are cheaper, but you get what you pay for.