[ale] Mail Inbox contents gone, now, get clicking "Get Mail" = 0

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at access1.net
Wed Dec 22 08:06:40 EST 1999

Happy Holidays !

My netscape mail inbox contains nothing, i.e. equals zero. When I try to
retrieve mail that has come in since the last download, a message at the
bottom of the browser says "Reading Inbox folder" and the
"stop/netscape" icons visually flutter, but there is no Inbox contents
to read and more importantly no new mails are received.

BTW, Netscape3.04Gold.

Any prescription ?

Incidentally, if I want to reduce/cleanout the size of news/email
containers how should this be done ?

Also, why would the cache size prevent a site from "reading" the data I
entered into one of their forms ? And how should these caches be
properly reduced/eliminated w/o unpleasant consequences ?

Thanks,

Courtney