[ale] Sportin' SCSI/RAID

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at NIIT.com
Wed Dec 22 16:03:26 EST 1999

What you're saying is consistent with other info I'm finding, which is that
two systems cannot mount the same RAID volume over a shared SCSI bus at the
same time.  This and similar info is in the High Availability HOWTOs.  It
looks like for what I am thinking of doing, NFS etc. with a third system is
the sort of thing I'm facing.  I'm not thrilled with relying on disk access
over Ethernet (Fast, Gigabit, or otherwise), though, even if it's handled
out-of-band (i.e., NFS connectivity separate from network connectivity).
I've picked up some mentions about doing TCP/IP over SCSI, though, but no
concrete paths forward there.

- Jeff