[ale] Alternate OS InstallFest

Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam vaidhy at loonys.net
Tue Dec 21 14:08:47 EST 1999

Hi All,

  I have picked up the organizational responsibilites for the InstallFest at @LANta.con scheduled on Mar 31 evening to Apr 2 forenoon. The major bulk of InstallFest is going to be on Apr 1 (Saturday). If there is anyone who can spare their time on that day, please let me know. The following is to give an idea of what to expect:

  The OS I am planning to include are five distros of Linux (Debian, RedHat, SuSe, Corel and Slack) , FreeBSD, NetBSD and if someone has it, demo version of Be and probably GNU/HURD for those hardcore guys. If any of you has any expericence in installing any/some/all of these OS and would like to give a helping hand, please mail me.

  OTOH, if you want any of these installed on your machines, please mark Apr 1 off and come over to @LANta.CON with your machines.

For everyone, a short list of planned events are :
24 hr gaming (Quake II/III, Unreal tournament, Tribe)
Rootwarez (Try to haqck into a installed server and/or into other's machine)
Anime/ Movie for the duration of the conference
Set of panels on different topics (not all of them related to computers)
and a bunch of fun games.

Any other ideas are welcome,

Regards,
Vaidhy