[ale] [ale-admin] Taos Interview-GA Tech

Pedro Gonzalez Pedro at taos.com
Mon Dec 20 19:08:19 EST 1999

Dear Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts:

I am the University Relations Manager for Taos-The Sys Amin Company based in
Silicon Valley. I will be visiting the Georgia Tech campus on
Wednesday,January 19 2000. I came across Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts web site
and would like to request your organizations assistance in identifying
candidates for  our Taos Consultant positions.

Although I will be focusing on recruiting  GA Tech seniors, any college
seniors in the Atlanta area are encouraged to contact me with their resume.
If they are interested, please reply with their time availabiliy for
Tuesday, January 25th. The interview will last only a half hour and will
take place either on the college campus or a conference room of a nearby
hotel.

I will be happy to answer any questions, so please do not hesitate in
contacting me.  I have included a job description and company profile below.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting any interested members of ALE.

Company:	TAOS - THE SYS ADMIN COMPANY <http://www.taos.com>
Division:
Job Title:	UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Job Type:	Full Time
Location:	Santa Clara, CA; San Francisco, CA, New York,NY; Boston, MA;
Reston, VA. On-going expansion to other cities.

Company Description:
Taos is The SysAdmin Company, and we're determined to be The Single Best
company for a System Administrator to work. Our company 's focus  is to
create an exceptional career experience for our technical consultants, who
get to provide their technical expertise  with any of  our 400 different
client companies. We're making assignment based consulting a viable career
choice for UNIX Sysadmins. Taos SysAdmins consistently get the best work
environments around. Endless variety in work assignments, more technology
than you know what to do with, and sky high learning curves.
 Qualifications:
A completed BS, BA, or MS degree having hands on experience with Unix
(especially Solaris) systems administration and/or network administration,
ideally as the campus system or network administrator. Ability to clearly
communicate technical issues to all levels of users is a must. We typically
recruit computer science and engineering students, however, we are open to
anyone who has relevant experience. We are looking for students who will
earn their Bachelor's degree between 12/99 and 6/2000.
 Job Description:
Taos provides dynamic careers in UNIX administration and provides training
to help you grow along with the rapidly changing IT industry. You will work
directly with our customer base to help them maintain first class computing
enterprises. Your job duties may include desktop and server administration,
network services support (DNS,NIS, NFS), web administration and programming,
network administration, technical support, and a variety of project oriented
activities like automations, upgrades, installations, equipment acquisitions
and migrations

Pedro Gonzalez
University Relations Manager
TAOS-The Sys Admin Company