[ale] emacs/w3

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 19 07:48:31 EST 1999

Hello Dean,

Did you execute a load-file first?

If you install 'Xemacs' (a trim 60MB or so), you'll get w3 mode built
in.  Let me tell you, that although it is functional, in my opinion,
it isn't really fast enough for anything more than occasional use
(this is on a PII-233, but I don't think I would be happy even if it
was 2x as fast.)  The nice thing about it to me is that I read my
email in emacs and w3 mode will render HTML email messages. (boy do I
hate HTML spam though!)

-Eric.