[ale] printing woe's

Jonathan jfondow at sprintmail.com
Sat Dec 18 19:42:08 EST 1999

Hello all,

I just did a fresh install of SuSE6.3 and something must have changed
from 6.2.  I am using the same /etc/printcap from 6.2 and START_LPD=yes
in /etc/rc.config.  When I issue lpc status this is the message I
receive:

root at workstation:/etc > lpc status
Printer 'postscript at print-serv' - cannot open connection - No such file
or directory
Make sure LPD server is running on the server

I have the lprng application installed from the 6.3 installation.  I am
trying to print to a printer on another machine over the LAN.  All was
working before the update, should know better than fix something if it's
not broke.  The network is fine, I have masq and NFS running fine, just
can't print.  Any and all comments welcomed.  TIA