[ale] Directory Services under Linux

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Dec 16 15:53:47 EST 1999

> 	On a side note it does look like Windoze 2000 Server will be
> using what they call "Active Directory" which is supposed to be LDAP
> compliant for v2 or v3... Which may mean Windoze/*NIX networks will
> be easier to manage although this is yet to be seen...

Pain to setup though.  AD should also include kerberos support as well.

We're getting by right now with the pam_smb modules for NT authentication,
however I'm looking forward to moving to LDAP.  I tried using it against
our exchange server, and it was just not working...very fustrating.

Hopefully when 2k gets released, it'll work a little easier.