[ale] procmail recipe problem

Gary S. MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Wed Dec 15 13:09:25 EST 1999

I have sendmail,fetchmail, and procmail all setup nicely to handle my
email. My ISP dumps any messages to my domain into one POP box, and
fetchmail grabs it, procmail dispenses it to my users. Sendmail basically
only handles outbound mail, (I think that is all it's doing!).

Background:
Anyway, I have a recipe to forward any mail to one specific person to a
web e-mail address (ie. hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.) It works in that it
detects this person's mail and trys to bounce it out. It then fails with
an error from my ISP's email server saying 'relaying is not allowed'.
(Yes, I have a dial-up account, scripts that toggle sendmail from deferred
to background, and sendmail setup to use a smart-relay-host which is my
registered domain sitting on my ISP's servers.)

Question:
Is there a way to tell procmail/sendmail to ship that bounced e-mail
direcly to the recipient and not use the smart-relay-host? If not, is
there a way to get this to work?

- Gary

Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554