[ale] sendmail dying

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Tue Dec 14 18:44:51 EST 1999

Hrm... I've been having weird POP errors (inetd[60]: pop3/tcp server
failing (looping), service terminated) in my /var/log/messages file
(Slackware dist), but nothing weird with my Sendmail...  (Unless they're
related, which I don't think they are)

hrm... Are you running 8.9.3 with the latest security patches compiled
in?  If not, you might want to upgrade.

Cheers!
Jay

At 05:48 PM 12/14/1999 -0500, Brian K. Murphy wrote:
>I did both of these...no strange messages in the "messages" log and no core
>files...hmm..any other thoughts?? this is really strange.
>
>Keith Murphy

-----
Jay Finch                       : "And it's hard to find true
President/GKE of NERO-Atlanta   :  equilibrium, when you're
(770) 650-0410  (voice)         :  looking at each other down
horus at larp.com                  :  the barrel of a gun . . ."
pagejay at larp.com (pager)        :       -- Jethro Tull
MTBI Survey says:  ENFJ         :
   Check out my home page at:  http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/