[ale] OpenBSD, FreeBSD

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Dec 14 12:41:48 EST 1999

    >> From what I have read FreeBSD is chosen by ISP's
    Jim> mostly for it's security.  How does Linux just not cut it
    Jim> anymore?  Seems to work for me everyday just fine.

        IIRC, FreeBSD's networking stack can wipe the floor with
Linux's.  The 2.2 kernels are much better than the 2.0's (which again
were better than the 1's), but there's still room to catch up with the
*BSDen.  Of course you're probably not going to notice the differences
unless you're sitting your box in front of an OC3 . . . :)

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=