[ale] Corel/Sun/JAVA observation

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Mon Dec 13 18:18:01 EST 1999

Mandrake wrote:
> > If I remember correctly, Sun has explicity stated that their reason for
> > acquiring Star Office last summer is to "trim the fat" and port it to Java.
> >
> > Can Sun succeed where Corel gave up?
>
> well, "trimming the fat" and "porting to java" seem mutually exclusive to me.

<giggle>

Not necessarily. Java code doesn't -have- to be bloated
and evil; it's just that Java makes it so much easier to
write bloated and evil code than clean and elegant code.
Plus, all the nice tools people build to write our Java
for us actually do produce bloated and evil code...

-- Joe Knapka
* What happens when a mysterious force meets an inscrutable object?