[ale] DVD-Rom ?

Patman patman at io.com
Mon Dec 13 13:59:01 EST 1999

I'm currently running a Toshiba 5X DVD-ROM as my CD-ROM drive in my Linux
box, and it runs as a CD-ROM (ATAPI interface) just fine.  But there is no
support for playing DVDs yet on a Linux box (something to do with hacking
the DVD encryption being the hurdle so far - though there is a rumor that
it has been hacked, but no one's released a DVD player for Linux just
yet.)