[ale] "Ultimate System"

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 13 08:58:07 EST 1999

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 03:26:03AM -0500, Brian K. Murphy wrote:
> Motherboard -- Dual processor capable, built in SCSI adapter (dual channel
> would be nice)  This is the one I need the most help on.  Looking in
> Computer Shopper for motherboards is a nightmare....

Dont get a tyan, they make good boards, but are VERY picky about RAM. IMO
they arent worth the trouble of finding ram that works.

> SCSI drive - am looking at a 9.0 gb Quantum with the new "160mb"
> interface..it is backwards compatable with Ultra2 so it works even though no
> 160 controller is available now.

Whats the point if you are getting onboard SCSI that you cant upgrade?

> CD drive -- what is the status of RW drives??  I understand the CD-R's work,
> but haven't seen anything about RW's.  My guess is that it works just the
> same, but then my guesses have gotten me in a lot of trouble before.

I have a yamaha cdr4416s (cdrw 4/4/16 scsi) that works fine

Nick
--
Windows NT: Security through unavailability.