[ale] Mounting Drives

Lee Roy leeroy at gate.net
Sat Dec 11 00:15:54 EST 1999

Hi All,

My friend made a script that starts my IP Masquerading and I wanted to
add something that will mount my kids drives and my notebook drives so I
can get to them while I was in linux.  I have Samba up and working. The
windows boxes can see each other and can see the linux box drives
shares.

I made a mount point for the drives. To get the linux box to see the
other drives I do this:  smbmount //kidsbox/c  /mnt/kidsbox    and then
I get a prompt to enter a password. I enter it and I can see the drive.
Same thing with:  smbmount //dogbook/c /mnt/dogbook .

Is there a way I can put in the password so it does it on it's own? Both
of the ways below don't work.  The first I still get the prompt that
makes me enter a password. But it gets the drives mounted. The second
one gives me an error it can not find or there is no mount point.

I made this script executable by: chmod a+x /root/<filename>
At a terminal window I just: ./<filename>

ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
smbmount //girlsbox/c  /mnt/girlsbox <password>
smbmount //dogbook/c /mnt/dogbook <password>

ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
smbmount //girlsbox/c <password> /mnt/girlsbox
smbmount //dogbook/c <password> /mnt/dogbook

The ip masquerade part works fine.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Lee Roy

-