[ale] ppp

zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com
Wed Dec 8 18:38:49 EST 1999

I want to use a ppp connection on my RH 5.2 box running MASQ
to keep me on the internet 24 hours a day.  I will use dynamic
DNS to configure my name and ifup-ppp to initiate the script.
 I know that there will be much time that I will be idle and
therefor the ISP will drop the connection. I want the ISP to
be called back the minut it is dropped then stay connected.
I want the box to keep this cycle going.  I will modify ifup-ppp
to execute the dynamic DNS script of that is the correct thing
to do.  How do I get the RH 5.2 box to contnue to dial the ISP
when it gets knocked off?

Thanks,
Chris
Linuxiceberg.com
Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com
FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and
Great Ways to Share them with Others!