[ale] New Linux, Free and Open Source archive

Greg Hankins gregh at twoguys.org
Mon Dec 6 11:39:37 EST 1999

I've been working on a new software archive.  It is called Two Guys Software
Foundation, and its purpose is to be a mirror site for Free and Open Source
software.  Right now we are running on a PPro but will have an Alpha in soon
as the main server.  And we have 150GB of RAID storage on a NetApp.  The
concept was simple: get vendors to give us stuff.  So we did that and ended
up with the Alpha, NetApp and a Foundry 10/100/gigabit ethernet switch as
well as a rack in MindSpring's colo.  If you use MindSpring as your ISP it
should be really fast, if not then it should be really fast because MindSpring
is quite well-connected :-).

Right now the Linux tree looks exactly like it does at gatech.  I've also
added a mirror of GNU, and XFree86.  FreeBSD (over 25GB!) has been mirroring
since Friday morning and should be available soon.  I also plan on adding
mirrors of E, GNOME and KDE in the near future.

So, have a look at ftp.twoguys.org (or www.twoguys.org for a complete software
listing).  If there are other things you would like to see mirrored there
let me know and I'll see what I can do.  Feedback would be appreciated.

Greg

PS:
The archive that I used to maintain at gatech is to be taken over by the
staff, and should be updated regularly again soon.

--
Greg Hankins <gregh at twoguys.org>   | Vice President, Atlanta Linux Showcase
Two Guys Software Foundation       | 4th Annual Linux Showcase and Conference