[ale] any way to convert/adapt BNC or AUI -> RJ45 connection ?

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Sat Dec 4 10:27:09 EST 1999

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Bill West wrote:

> I have purchased a BNC RJ-45 connector.  You screw it on to the BNC and plug
> your RJ-45
> into the other side.  Haven't had any problems.  I got mine from Datacomm,
> via mail order catalog.
> Haven't had any problems.

These work fine if you have another of the same on the other end, however,
do they work if you are going to a starndard 10bT network?  I wouldn't
expect it to, simply because you need to draw some power to make this
conversion.  I think that what you have there is a simple BalUn.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Don't Steal - The government hates competition.