[ale] Perl Question

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Fri Dec 3 09:07:28 EST 1999

Hi:

I need a Perl program to be able to fire a block of code as a backgroud
process that lives on after my program completes. Currently, this is
being accomplished in a Borne script. Here is the code:

(while ps -axf|grep -v grep|grep _mprosrv|grep rndsrv > /dev/null
do
    $BIN/_progres -b /$MNT/$DIR/db/$DB -ld esc -h 10 -trig
$LIBDIR/trig.pl \
        -p netconn.p
    if fgrep "No branches records exist" $LOG > /dev/null
    then
        echo "No branches records for $DB on $HOST" | mail -s netconn.p
$ADMIN
        exit 1
    else
        echo "netconn.p for $DB on $HOST has died...RESTARTING..." \
        | mail -s netconn.p $ADMIN
    fi
done)&

I want to execute this same block of code from within my Perl library
using Perl speak, of course. I'm sure there is a way to do this. Perl
Gurus, can you help me?
--
Oakwood, GA 30566 USA
770.965.9294