[ale] Linux as a router

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Tue Aug 31 09:52:03 EDT 1999

> On 30 Aug 1999 23:56:58 -0400, Michael Hirsch wrote:
>
> >> 6. Anything that must be set up at the clients in the network?
> >
> >You'll need to configure all the browsers to use your router as a proxy.

With IP masq, you don't need a proxy. Just tell the browser
you've got a direct Internet connection. As long as the gateway/
default route is set up properly, everything will work.

Luck,

-- Joe

-- Joe Knapka
* I speak only for myself, not for these idiots:
* The Software Monastery - "Better Software Through Divine
* Intervention." Source-code prayer vigils available - nominal
* donation $0.01/LOC. http://whyme.penguinpowered.com/monastery.html