[ale] laptop configurations

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Aug 30 23:47:30 EDT 1999

tmj at atlantageek.com writes:

> Hi,
> I am the proud owner of a new laptop running redhat 6.0.  My problem is
> that I run on multiple networks and a dialup connection.  Does anyone
> have any suggestions on how I can set up something at bootup to select
> which network configuration to use.  I did come across something in the
> linux laptop howto that was did some of this.  But I was wondering if
> anyone else is having this problem.

Linuxconf does this for you.  You can create a variety of alternate
configurations.  When you change locations you fire up linuxconf and
change your configuration.  It is supposed to be quite easy, though I
admit I haven't tried it, yet.  (You can even use linuxconf through
your browser, which makes it really easy.)

--
Michael