[ale] Connecting to the ISP

Prabhakar + Nitika chaganti at randomc.com
Thu Aug 26 06:53:39 EDT 1999

Hi Steve:

I have the base Slackware 4.0 running on the I7K. I have got the
sound card working. I have not yet been able to set up X on the
system. I have not been able to work the one way to set up a stock
XF86_Mach64 server on the I7K. All of the other ways suggested
need a kernel compiled with Framebuffers support. I am in the
process of doing that to see if I can get X to work. In case you
missed them, here are two excellent links to Linux on a Dell I7K:
	http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/
	http://www.bluecherry.net/~jay/website/laptop/i7ksound.shtml

Let me know how it goes.

Prabhakar