[ale] Volunteers for the Atlanta Linux Showcase

Blake Sorensen "librarian at unseen.net" at unseen.net
Tue Aug 24 17:58:30 EDT 1999

Here we go again...

ALS is looking for volunteers to help out at the show.  The dates this
year are October 12-16, 1999.  We need people on those dates and on the
11th and 17th to assist with setup and tear down.

Even if you can't help out by volunteering some of your time, you can
still assist - talk about the show, and encourage people to come.  We
are trying to be the premiere technical Linux conference, and we need
the technical folks to show up if we want to accomplish this.  The
conference schedule is now on the website - take a look and point it out
to co-workers!

We will be asking for people to man the information booth, act as door
wardens (checking badges), monitor Birds of a Feather sessions (not
supply the topics, just make sure the room changes occur on schedule,
although if you want to host a BoF, we'd like to hear from you as well),
and assorted other tasks that we think of.  Qualifications include
knowing how to find a coffee and/or doughnut shop for when the
organizers are asleep on their feet and the ability to get
to the Cobb Galleria Centre on dates you are going to help.

Volunteers will receive a free conference tshirt and admission to the
conferences.

Interested people, please contact me at the email address shown below.

Thanks,
--
Blake Sorensen <blake at linuxshowcase.org>
Registration/Volunteer Coordinator, 1999 Atlanta Linux Showcase