[ale] Multisession CD's under Linux

Chris Fowler cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com
Wed Aug 18 22:09:20 EDT 1999

I'm looking for a way to copy multisession CD's under Linux.
I do not want to copy from CD to CD but just to copy from CD
to HDD.  I then put on tape for backup.  I use CD's and tend
to scratch them so I prefer to make a backup copy of a CD and
then make a CD from the backup.  I then use the backup.  One
good example is for street navigation CD's.  I use them often
and have been screwed by scratched media on the masters.  I'm
trying to make a backup of a PC game called Redneck Rampage.
 An old game.  It has a data track and several audio tracks.
 Usually I would use command:

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=Name.iso bs=2048

I believe that gets data track but not audio tracks.  How can
I acomplish this under Linux?

Thanks,
Chris Fowler

Christopher Fowler
cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com

-----
MailStart Plus - http://www.mailstartplus.com
Consolidate Your Mailboxes Into an Organized, Filtered, Spell-Checked,
Anywhere, Anytime WebBox