[ale] Cable Modem and TV Tuner Card

Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu
Wed Aug 18 20:21:51 EDT 1999

My sister said that when the technician came to install her MediaOne Cable Modem that she could no longer use her TV Tuner Card.  She argued briefly and then asked him to leave and take his $@#@# Modem with him.

She has yet to call Tech support who told her that it was possible to run both.

I think it should run both.  The TV Tuner card is just another TV.  Yes, it will connect to the COAX before the modem, but it should work.

Am I right?  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Stan