[ale] Linux ISP Dialing w/ MCI Worldcom

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 10 20:12:53 EDT 1999

Actually, they may not be quite all wet.  NT-RAS passes DNS servers'
IP address through the PPP negotiation.  Linux PPPD can support this as
a server, but not as a client.

pppd version 2.3.7

       ms-dns <addr>
              If pppd is acting as a server for Microsoft Windows
              clients,  this  option allows pppd to supply one or
              two DNS  (Domain  Name  Server)  addresses  to  the
              clients.   The first instance of this option speci-
              fies the primary DNS address; the  second  instance
              (if  given)  specifies  the  secondary DNS address.
              (This option was present in some older versions  of
              pppd under the name dns-addr.)