[ale] Lilo problem

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 5 10:21:59 EDT 1999

> I've had problems with DOS bases OS's in logical partitions.  It seems
> that they aren't smart enough to deal with (booting from) anything other
> than a primary.  Fortunately, Linux doesn't care.  :)
>
> Try putting DOS on /dev/hda{1|2|3|4} then Linux on whatever combination
> of primary and logical you want.

It seems that you are right. I removed hda4 and recreated it as one big FAT32
partition, loaded Win95 nad it has no problems. Annoying since I really didn't
need that much disk space for Windows but it'll have to do until I can create a
dedicated windows machine and get my linux box back to the way its supposed to
be.

> <OFF TOPIC>
> btw, for those that know V, I heard a nasty rumor that he got married.
> *grin*  Congrats and condolences!!!
> </OFF TOPIC>

Yup, this rumor is true. I'm not among the ranks of the blissfully married :-)
Not nearly as bad as folks say it should be. Of course, we got married on July
30th so we are still in the "honeymoon" stage.

Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable   Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
Lightness has a call that's hard to hear  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/