[ale] Minor challenges seeking answers

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at tfreeman.vnet.net
Wed Aug 4 22:02:11 EDT 1999

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Christopher S. Adams wrote:

> [...]
<<snip>>

Thanks to your help, it appears to be working now. Unfortunately, RH6.0
_does_ provide the vga font in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, and by
rerunning "mkfontdir", I _knew_ the font was in the font directory. To
make a longer story shorter, the configuration of "xfs", the X font server
for RH6.0 needed to be reconfigured. I changed the first entry of the
catalogue section by removing the text ":unscaled". Works like a champ.

Again - Thanks!

Thompson Freeman           Even the Immortal Brahma
                           Shaves before he hugs his mama
tfreeman at vnet.net          Karma Shave