[ale] Sendmail woes

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Wed Aug 4 17:20:33 EDT 1999

Most likely your email is being identified as originating at
whoever at home.computer.net instead of whoever at real.address.com and your ISP
doesn't like to relay mail from unknown domains.

To get around this you will have to setup a generics table, and reconfigure
sendmail.  The generics table just replaces a username like "jimpop" or
jimpop at home.computer.net with a real email address like
jimpop at rocketship.com

It's not too painful, and there is a HOW-TO about it here:
http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite.html

If you want I can send you the files I used on my system to re-configure
sendmail.

-Jim