[ale] network access from win95 via samba/linux

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Aug 4 14:03:52 EDT 1999

A while back, I posted that I was going to attempt to figure out how to
access a Microsoft Exchange server via Linux.  Well, I've not found a
lot about this protocol that's enable me to even begin to guess how to
do this.  So, I've given up. :(  What I'd like to do, is enable my Win95
box to use my Linux box as a gateway to the exchange server.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find docs on this.  I can use
squid to enable browser access, but I was wondering if it is possible to
provide similar access for an outlook mail reader.

Basically, I have a Linux box with an isdn connection to my corporate
network.  I've got samba running on this box. I don't know if this is
the tool I need.  My win95 box is connected via a local network to the
Linux box (and other boxes as well).

Is this doable?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl