[ale] Digital Cameras and Linux

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at tfreeman.vnet.net
Mon Aug 2 22:09:54 EDT 1999

I got a Sony Mavica FD88 2-3 months ago. It is a bit pricy, but saves
everything to floppy as either a *.jpg or *.mpg. If you get the larger
battery (costs extra tho), the camera has a pretty useful lifetime between
recharges. Overall I'm quite happy with the camera, and the lack of issues
with Linux. (I still haven't figured out the mpg player to see both the
video and hear the sound, but I haven't done any clips I'd want to see
either, so its a wash.)

Obviously, YMMV.

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with digital cameras and Linux? I am just
> starting to do reasearch and was wondering if there are any special things I
> need to check for compatibility. Of course I am open to reccommendations as
> well. Thanks
>
> until(! -e $i) {
>        print "Randy";
> }

Thompson Freeman           Even the Immortal Brahma
                           Shaves before he hugs his mama
tfreeman at vnet.net          Karma Shave