[ale] 100BT Ethernet Card

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 2 07:13:27 EDT 1999

Steven Rice write:
 > The NetGear 310TX is a great card that is well supported and work
 > *PREFECT* with linux.   We use them at Linux Gerenal Store.  They run
 > between 20 to 27 bucks each. There is even a 5 buck rebate for them.  They
 > are great cards and i would recommand them to anyone.  I have two at home
 > and never hard a problem with them and I must have used 20 or more so far
 > at work.
 >

 > Steven Rice
 > steven at linuxgerenalstore.com

I *USED* to think the same thing.  The first 310TX cards I bought had
a 'Digital' branded chip on them.  Later ones I've purchased have a
'Netgear' chip on them.   I have had problems with these later cards -
things like trying to put 2 of them in the same machine, or having it
just not work in my system.  But then again maybe I was just unlucky
and got a dud.

-Eric.