[ale] Take Me Home, I've Seen It All!

Daniel S Cox danny.cox at ecweb.com
Tue Apr 27 11:54:02 EDT 1999

All,

	I just had to share this:

	While perusing my latest Linux Journal (May), the very first ad in the
Marketplace section shows a cruise ship on what is probably the inside
passage of Alaska, with the words "Cruises for Programmers" superimposed on
the mountains, and "GeekCruises.com" at the bottom.  The mind boggles!

	Of course, I *had* to hit the site, and they're really doing it!  The
first is a "Perl Whirl" with Larry Wall himself, and several other
notables.  I'm amazed!  I'm even honored, as I thought of doing this about
three years ago, but couldn't get anyone to go for it then.  Now, taking
classes while cruising the inside passage has its drawbacks, don'tcha know?

	Hmm.  Think the ship has it's own network?  Will the geeks be steering it
before cruise end?  "I wonder what the top speed of this cow is, anyway?"

Danny