[ale] AJC and Linux

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Apr 26 11:40:50 EDT 1999

Jim Lynch wrote:

> Isn't it interesting that not long ago we tried to get the AJC to give
> Linux and Ale some press and they said it wasn't important enough or
> something to that effect?  I've noticed that there's been an article in
> the Personal Tech. section on Linux every week for the last month.  Now
> they could have been leaders, but no, they are just sheep like the rest
> of the journalists of the world.
>
> I wish we could get them to eat crow....

I've actually had a number of email conversations with 'techbuddy.'
He's generally reasonable, but still believes Microsoft will continue to
own the world, as is his opinion in the piece you reference.  I'm
planning on dropping him a line to let him know that he's not accounted
for the main reason Linux will do better against MS then he thinks.
Primarily, the way MS succeeds is with their huge pocket book and this
can not affect Linux as easily as commercial products.  They can't buy
it and they can't under sell it.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl