[ale] Linux figures

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Sun Apr 25 19:03:32 EDT 1999

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, UnderGrid Founder wrote:

> > C) What well-known companies currently use linux for part or all of their
> > business?
> > D) What well-known companies have investments in linux, or support it in
> > some other way?
> 	Cisco uses Linux for all it's print server needs internationally...
> That's about as "well-known" as I can think of...

There are tons of "invisible" business installations of Linux beyond Cisco.
The United States Postal Service, for example, runs all their mail-sorting
computers (you know those bar codes on the bottom of your letters?  These
are the machines that read that and sort appropriately) on Linux.

There's also a lot of smaller uses of Linux.  Here in Utah, one of the large
local grocery chains runs everything on Linux.

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu