[ale] HOWTO on building an rpm package?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Apr 21 15:19:14 EDT 1999

  I'd done a number of surches.  I got everything but this.  It may
be like the x3270 home page.  Search on yahoo for x3270 and you get
the home page on about the 9th search page.

Thus spake Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu):

> >   I've downloaded source for a tool I like.  I want to build a .rpm
> > out of the compiled files.  Does anyone have or know of any good
> > HOWTO's on building a .rpm file?  I've never done one before.
>
> http://www.rpm.org/support/RPM-HOWTO.html
>
> Really now. I'm thinking that folks are sending email to ale without even
> *trying* to find the answers for themselves anymore :-) :-)

> ---
> Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
> "Luck is just one of my many skills." - Isamu from Macross Plus

Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
  at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: