[ale] emacs wrists

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Apr 20 00:43:37 EDT 1999

Nick Lucent writes:
> does anyone have a particular keybinding that like to use for emacs to
> override the brain damaged use of ctrl and alt? I have remapped ctrl to
> caps lock, but that still leaves the alt key, and I dont know where to put
> it.

I use the alt key.  It works well and your left thumb can tuck under
your hand pretty easily.  You could also map it to the right control
key, but that is probably more strain on your wrists.

> Nick -- aka wimpy wrists =)

If your wrists are going I imaging that the first thing to do is remap
the cursor control keys in emacs.  CTRL-f,b,n,p are about the worst
possible keys to use.  I use CTRL-h,j,k,l for my control keys--almost
no strain at all.

--Michael