[ale] emacs wrists

Joshua joshuamarinacci at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 19 18:08:40 EDT 1999

> does anyone have a particular keybinding that like to use for emacs to
> override the brain damaged use of ctrl and alt? I have remapped ctrl to
> caps lock, but that still leaves the alt key, and I dont know where to put
> it.
>
> Nick -- aka wimpy wrists =)

i did the capslock thing too and that seemed to solve all of my
problems. I usually press the alt key with the side of my left thumb,
which is fine because the only meta function i use in emacs is meta-x,
so i can hit the x key with my index finger right after hitting the alt
key.  of course, your palm may accidentally hit the windows95 key, since
it's right between ctrl and alt, which is why i use a non-win95 keyboard
at home. (compusa sold a bunch of them off for 98 cents a piece, so i
stocked up. :)

- joshy

--
                                 waiting for the night to come