[ale] where is net-pf-17

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 19 11:56:53 EDT 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, David Hamm wrote:

You forgot packet socket, heres what the config.help says so you can
decide if you need to recompile or just turn it off in /etc/modules.conf

Packet socket
CONFIG_PACKET
The Packet protocol is used by appllications which communicate directly
with network devices without an intermediate network protocol implemented
in the kernel, e.g. tcpdump. If you want them to work, choose Y.

if you dont need that then put
alias net-pf-17 off
in /etc/modules.conf (or conf.modules)

Nick