[ale] Lack of Funds

MarNuke marnuke at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 18 14:06:10 EDT 1999

My friend upgraded his computer with a new viedo card and mother board.
He gave me his old mb.  I have the funds to buy a celly 333 for 90 bucks

and a case for 30.  But with a budget of 200 dollars i don;t have the
funds to buy another hard drive.  I have a cd-rw.  What i plan on doing
to removing the hard drive out of my httpd, ftp, pop3, and pppd server
and replacing it with a cd which i would boot everything and run
programs on.  I have a brand new 40x cd that is capable of booting and
reading cd-rw.  My questions are:

1)  can i have operate the server with out a swap disk?

2)  how do i setup linux where it will boot from the cd-rw?

3)  Is there anyother issues i haven't consider??

Thank you for your help.

/\/\ar/\/uke
marnuke.dhis.org