[ale] Linux system testing software?

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Sun Apr 18 19:06:31 EDT 1999

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:30:08 -0600 "Robert L. Harris" <nomad at orci.com>
writes:
>  One of my systems is acting very strangely.  I'm wondering if
>something may be failing.  I don't have windows on this system so I'm
wondering
>if there are any good system testing utils for linux, memory, cache,
>etc?

	There is memtest86 (I think that's what it's called) that you
download, compile (?), and put it on a disk. You boot from it, and it
runs through testing the memory. Don't forget to stop it after several
iterations. (The required number is  probably in the Readme file) I
didn't know and wondered why it didn't stop after I let it run all night.
You can probably get it at sunsite somewhere. Maybe someone else on the
list knows.

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]