[ale] Modules

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Wed Apr 14 22:02:24 EDT 1999

I see.  I was referring to system components, not kernel modules.  FWIW, I
have used precompiled net card drivers.   The problem I see is that kernel
modules should really be optimized for the machine they run on, not
necessarily the machine they were designed/written/compiled on.  Although
RedHat 5.2 will run on everything from a 386 to a PIII with the same kernel.

-Jim 'to optimize or not to optimize....'