[ale] easy website maintenance

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Wed Apr 14 14:56:07 EDT 1999

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knew of a perl script or such that
automatically updates a website on an ISP's webserver.  What I'd like to
have is something that runs from a cron job and looks in a directory for
updated pages, then FTPs those new files to a website, replacing outdated
copies as appropriate.  Seems like this could be pretty easy to do, but if
it already exists, I'd just as soon save myself the trouble.  Does anyone
know of anything that doesn't require cgi access on the target webserver?

TIA!

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net